There’s no denying it: the mobile device lifestyle is here to stay, and those businesses that act now to claim their stake in this new landscape will be more prepared for what the future holds than those taking a “wait-and-see” approach. The truth is, there’s no time to wait anymore. In a few months, people will use their mobile devices to search the web more often than they will use their desktop computers.
There are many advantages of having a mobile website, and these are just five of them:
- Easy to Use – The beauty of a well-designed mobile website in this very mobile world of ours is that it can engage and help your customers quickly, when they are in a decision-making mood. Mobile websites are significantly simplified and easy to use and read on a small screen; there is no room for clutter. Mobile website design is all about being useful to your customer now. If you have an easy to use, helpful website where customers can quickly access the information they need, when they need it, you will have a huge leg up on competitors whose websites are not mobile optimized. (Almost 80% of mobile users who run into a non-mobile optimized site will quickly search for one that is mobile optimized, so clearly, this is one of the major advantages of having a mobile website.)
- SEO-Friendly – Our mobile websites are search-engine-friendly from the start. In other words, they make it easy for potential customers to find your mobile website using any one of the mobile search tools they might be using. Businesses that do not have a mobile-optimized website will not show up in these mobile search tools, which makes them essentially invisible to potential customers. As a business, you cannot afford to be invisible.
- QR Codes – Another one of the advantages of having a mobile website is having the flexibility to merge your print and mobile marketing strategies, making it even easier for customers and potential customers to connect with you. QR codes (QR = “quick response”) are strange little box-shaped codes that now appear on just about everything printed: food packages, magazines, postcards, fliers, mailers, etc. Mobile device users can scan these action codes, which can immediately take them to your mobile website to enjoy a special offer.
- It Sets You Apart… for Now – The majority of small businesses still do not have a mobile website, and many of them aren’t even thinking about it. As a small business owner, the competitive advantages of having a mobile website are clear: you will beat your competition hands down if you are one of the first in your area to have one. We already talked about how mobile website users are impatient with non-mobile optimized websites on their phones and that they will immediately seek a website that is mobile optimized. Still, you have to strike while the iron’s hot; more and more small businesses are waking up, so don’t wait: order your mobile website design today!
- Improve Customer Relationships – In this day of social media, smart phones, tablets and all, the nature of marketing has changed completely. Customers expect to enter into relationships with the small businesses they patronize. A mobile website improves your business-client relationship by making you more available anytime, anywhere, with useful information they want about products and services they are willing to buy right now.
Now is the time: put the advantages of having a mobile website to work for you today. You can’t afford to wait any longer!