Access from Microsoft Office Outlook
To set up Microsoft Office Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Go to File > Info > Add Account.
- Select the checkbox Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next
- Select the Internet E-mail option and click Next.
- Specify the following:
- Your name.
- Your e-mail address.
- Account type. If you want to keep copies of messages on the server, select the IMAP option. If you do not want to keep any messages on the server, select the POP3 option. Selecting IMAP will also allow you to train the SpamAssassin spam filter on e-mail messages you receive, if SpamAssassin is enabled on the server.
- Incoming mail server. Type your domain name. For example, example.com.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP). Type your domain name. For example, example.com.
- User Name. Specify your full e-mail address. Example: email@example.com.
- Password. Most likely, this password coincides with the password you use for logging in to Panel.
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Leave this option cleared.
- Click More Settings, open the Outgoing Server tab and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click Next and Click Finish.
Incoming mail port: 110 for POP3, 143 for IMAP
Outgoing mail port: 25 (If 25 does not work, try 26, as some ISPs block port 25)
Note: For Comcast/Xfinity Internet customers, port 587 is available for use as ports 25 and 26 are blocked on their network.
No SSL boxes should be checked*
Some ISPs require special settings for SMTP servers.