Mail Client Configuration (Outlook, Mac, Etc.)
When you access an email account through a desktop email application such as Outlook, MacOS Mail App, Eudora. Etc., the email application will require specific information about your email account.
Username (your email address): email@example.com
Password: Use the email account’s password.
Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended)
Username: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: your email password.
Incoming Server: host2.affordablewebdesign.com
IMAP Port: 993 or POP3 Port: 995
Outgoing Server: host2.affordablewebdesign.com SMTP Port: 465
Important: Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP. Check the “My Server Requires Authentication” box.
ssd.affordablewebdesign.com : this should work for most Internet Service Providers (ISPs). However, some ISPs like Comcast, Verizon; you may need to use their outgoing mail server to send emails.
If your internet connection is provided by Verizon, you may have to use Verizon’s outgoing mail server: outgoing.verizon.net (click here for details)
If your internet connection is provided by Comcast, you should use Comcast’s outgoing mail server: (click here for details)
Please call your ISP to verify SMTP settings if you are having any connection problems.
- IMAP email access coordinates between the server and your mail application. Messages that have been read/deleted/replied to will show up as such, both on the server and in the mail application.
- POP3 does not coordinate with the server. Messages marked as read/deleted/replied to in the mail application will not show up as such on the server. This means that future mail downloads with POP3 will show all messages as unread.
Outlook Setup for for Comcast Users
- Open Outlook
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts
- Select your email account
- Click Change
- Click More Settings
- Click the Advanced tab
- View the Outgoing mail (SMTP) Port and change it to 465 and save.
Check your Outlook Settings and make sure user name passwords, mail server names, etc. have been entered properly without any spelling error. (see sample below)
Outlook’s Outgoing Server tab: “My outgoing (SMTP) requires authentication” (Check the box) select “Log on using” radio button and enter your Comcast email user name : ……@comcast.net and your comcast email password.
Outlook Setup for for Verizon Users
- Go to Tools – Accounts
- Click on the “Mail” tab
- Click on your account then on the “Properties” button
- Click on the “Server” tab
- At the bottom, check the “My Server Requires Authentication” box
- Click the “Settings” button
- Click the “Log On Using” radio button
- Enter your VERIZON ACCOUNT NAME AND PASSWORD here
- Click Ok, Ok, Close
How To Change Outlook Settings for Verizon Users
- Open Outlook or Outlook Express and Go to Tools > Account Settings
- Click on the email address and select “Change Settings” and follow screen shots below.
- After you make the changes, click on save or OK and save your settings.
Outgoing Server Tab
Please do not hesitate to contact our Tech Support Department if you need additional assistance regarding your email and web hosting account. Our Helpdesk Ticket System ensures that specific steps are taken to solve your problem as soon as possible. Your issue is assigned a unique ID number so it can easily be followed through the system.
1. Please visit https://www.affordablewebdesign.com/support/ and please register first (if you did not before) to track your support tickets) , or
2. Send email to: email@example.com
This is the fastest and safest way to reach our Tech Support Department and server administrators who are ready to help you. Your issue should be resolved within the same day.
Please provide us with the following information when opening a support ticket:
1.) Your domain name.
2.) The exact error message you are receiving (if any).
3.) The email address(es) you are experiencing issues with.
4.) Are you able to send/receive email?*
**If sending email, to what addresses are you attempting to transmit mail.
5.) Are you using a mail client?*
**If using a mail client, is it Thunderbird, Outlook, MacMail, ect?
6.) If using a mail client, please provide us with your exact connection settings. These are the settings you use in order to send/receive mail with your client. Be sure you include your username and password for these email accounts as well.
7.) Are you able to send/receive email via Webmail?
(you can access to your web mail at; https://ssd.affordablewebdesign.com:2096/ )
Answering the above questions will better assist us in finding a fast resolution to your problem.